Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday smoothies

  • 1 stalk celery
  • 4 large stalks of kale
  • 2 bulk carrots
  • 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
  • 1/2 banana
  • about 12 oz water (I would have used Almond milk, but I'm out. Also, use more or less water to create desired thick or thinness, mine's super thin)
I should warn you that this drink is not sweet at all, but it does taste very clean and healthy. After having a bagel and a latte for breakfast this morning, this tastes like exactly what I need :)

Here's another smoothie idea, which I haven't tried yet, but sounds amazing. The recipe is from my friend, Dana Walters.
  • 2 big handfuls spinach
  •  half handful parsley
  • half handful mint
  • 1/3 banana
  • heaping tablespoon almond butter
  • heaping tablespoon coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment