Tuesday, October 12, 2010

tuesday

I think I am ready to talk about what happened today. It just happened about six hours ago, so it's still super fresh in my memory (unfortunately). Here it goes:

I had a really good day. I got up early and went to the gym, came home and had coffee and breakfast, then went to my acupuncture appointment. I recently started teaching for Adidas so from there I needed to go have a badge made so I can have access to the buildings and whatnot. This is a really fantastic opportunity and I am so excited about it. So excited, in fact, that my head must have been in the clouds on my walk home because out of nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, my right ankle turned completely over and I went down. Ass, meet sidewalk. It was like that. It hurt. I immediately had flashbacks to the day I was running on a busy road in Richmond, tripped over an uneven sidewalk and went flying through the air only to land face first on said uneven sidewalk. Okay, I lied. I immediately wondered if anyone saw what just happened, and then I had the flashback. So I sat there on the sidewalk for about a minute, trying to look as natural as possible. Just sat there. I felt my ankle get all hot and it felt a little twitchy. My next thought was that I might not be able get up. And the thought after that had something to do with the fact that my wonderful opportunity with Adidas could be kissed goodbye if I was unable to walk. So eventually (about five minutes later), I got up and walked the two blocks I had to walk to get back to my house. I laid on the couch and iced it for a while, and stayed off it as best I could until I had to teach in two hours.

So why did I just share this with the internet? Because I think perhaps the Universe was trying to tell me that while it is okay to be excited about a new opportunity, I need to also stay grounded. And so this completely random and super public tumble I took was just a very literal message from the Universe, and I did not take it in vain. Do I wish it didn't happen? Sure. But it did, so I have no choice but to accept it.

As for my ankle, six and a half hours after the fall, it still hurts a lot. But it is not swollen or discolored, so I shall assume that it will be fine. And as for my pride? Ehh- worse things have happened.

Namaste,
Tami

1 comment:

  1. what a perfect set of insights about a rather unpleasant situation. bravo, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete