Sunday, December 26, 2010

home for the holidays

Greetings, yogis. It's been a while since I've updated and I've got lots of news to share. Starting in 2011, I will be teaching three additional classes at 24 Hour Fitness (in addition to my classes with Adidas and PPS). My schedule will now be as follows:
  • Tuesday: 8:30am Tualatin Super Sport
  • Wednesday: 5:45am Murray Scholls, 11:00am Clackamas, 7:00pm McLoughlin Super Sport
  • Thursday: 8:30am Tualatin Super Sport 
  • Friday: 5:45am Murray Scholls
  • Saturday: 7:00am Hollywood
Please note that the time for my Wednesday evening class has changed from 7:30 to 7:00. I am really looking forward to connecting with some new groups of people at the Tualatin and Clackamas clubs!

My husband and I are in Virginia celebrating the holidays with our families and friends. We've been having a wonderful and stress-free time and will be flying back to Portland Thursday morning. We spent the first couple of days in Richmond, where we were able to check out my dear friend and fellow yoga teacher's headquarters for her new non-profit, Project Yoga Richmond! The space is amazing and we had a blast playing around with inversions, arm balances and practicing new flows. Christmas morning we headed up to Arlington to be with Keith's family and today I took a wonderful 90 minute class at Dancing Mind Yoga, which is a Baron Baptiste power vinyasa affiliate yoga studio. It was so much fun to practice with Keith's aunt and mother! I had never practiced at a Baptiste studio before and I liked it. The room was heated (somewhere in the 90s) and the flow was fast and fun! I never knew I could do so many back to back bakasanas, and ten back to back wheel poses! I felt strong and empowered during class, and completely mellow afterward. That's the best combination!

And since we're talking about Christmas and yoga, Keith's aunt gave me two yogitoes skidless towels and I used one today! What a great gift! In the past I've always just used a bath towel during hot yoga, so it was and will continue to be a real treat using these yogitoes towels!

I'm curious- did you travel anywhere for the holidays? And if so, did you keep up with your yoga practice? I found myself craving yoga, and it felt so good to take a such a powerful class today! I'm really looking forward to getting back to Portland and teaching again! Not only my regular classes but my new ones as well! Can't wait to see you all!

Namaste-
Tami

1 comment:

  1. Dancing Mind Yoga studio is less than a mile from our house (which we still own!) in Falls Church! So glad you enjoyed it; I never made it there. Glad you're having a great holiday:)

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete