Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I want to know...

What feeds your soul? What are you passionate about? What makes you feel ALIVE? Here are some of mine:
  • Yoga. (Shocking, right?!) My yoga mat is such a comforting space for me. My practice has seen me through many ups and downs over the years. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like today if I'd never discovered yoga. I don't think I want to know!
  • The mountains. Especially Mt. Hood. I am so obsessed with its beauty and I can never get enough. Anytime I see it from Portland, I smile. If someone is with me I have to point it out, regardless of how many other times we've seen it that day. While driving home from a swimming hole in Washington last weekend, I said "Look at the mountain!" at least a dozen times. I just can't help but be overwhelmed every time I see it. Which takes me to my next great love...
  • Snowboarding. I don't care if I fall a million times or seamlessly shred black diamonds all day- I LOVE IT! I feel so connected to nature when I'm on my board. I don't dream of having a big fancy house or a yard full of kids, I dream about teaching yoga at a resort and snowboarding every single day. 
  • A really good cup of coffee. My last cup of "oh my gosh this is amazing" coffee was last week at Cloud Seven Cafe. There's something about coffee on a bright and sunny morning that just makes my soul sing. I can't help but be happy! There's also something very comforting about a cup of coffee on a dark and dreary morning. Do you get the point yet? I like coffee.
There's my Top Four. I try to find beauty and love in everything, all over the place. I could actually make a list so long it would take you all day to read, but I will spare you. Now you! What's on YOUR list?!

No comments:

Post a Comment