Wednesday, September 14, 2011

smoothie

Today I skipped my morning smoothie in favor of a bagel. I know, I know- but I'm human and I enjoy bagels! I always feel much better when I start my day with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, but today I'm almost kind of glad I waited until later in the day. I just took Kathryn Budig's Fallen Angel class on Yogaglo, and now I am listening to Mofro and enjoying a dee-vine smoothie. Here's what I used:
  • handful of raw pumpkin seeds
  • 3 raw beets (so excited I have a blender that can handle this now!)
  • 1/2 small avocado
  • splash of coconut milk
  • chard
  • banana
  • apple
  • a few grapes, maybe 6 or 8
  • even fewer raspberries
  • large handful of fresh, locally grown organic blueberries
Normally I would add more vegetables, and maybe a little less fruit (you know, the sugar and all...), but I used what I had. So delightful!

TRY IT!

3 comments:

  1. :) I love Fallen Angel!! You!! and Smoothies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to drink delicious smoothies with you one day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just tried! It's really great, thanks :)

    Namasteh!

    ReplyDelete