Wednesday, January 18, 2012

amazing meal

Have any of you ever tried a powder like this? When I mixed it into a huge glass of water (probably 18 ounces) and took a sip, it actually prompted me to drop the F-bomb. I can't put my finger on what it is, but I will say that it's not exactly enjoyable to drink. Maybe it's an acquired taste? I love the idea of being able to travel with this and getting my daily dose of the good stuff even when I'm without my blender, but dang!

Now that I've made it sound really awful, let me share with you all of the goodness that's in it (everything's organic).
  • rice protein
  • hemp protein
  • wheat grass
  • kale
  • barley grass
  • alfalfa
  • acai
  • carrot
  • blueberry
  • goji
  • rose hips
  • macca
  • banana
  • flax seed powder
  • digestive enzymes
  • active culture probiotic blend
Plus a slew of vitamins and fiber. I'm thinking the pros far outweigh the cons, which in my opinion are taste and consistency. I also don't really love the smell, but it tastes like it smells so I'm lumping taste and smell together.

Since I started writing this, I have almost downed the whole thing. I had to stir it before each gulp because the powder tends to sit in the bottom, but oddly enough, I think I like it. Try it and let me know what you think! You can find it at Whole Foods for less than $2.50 per packet.

xoxo-
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment