Monday, April 23, 2012

feeling better

I had my first post-operative appointment today and I am happy to report that my knee is healing nicely. It's still lacking 8 degrees of extension, so I'll really be working on straightening it completely in the next few days, but I can't wait to get back to my normal teaching schedule tomorrow!

I'm still very limited in what I can physically do, I only started walking on my own yesterday, but it feels so good to be moving forward. The surgery was only 10 days ago, but it feels like it's been forever since I've been able to practice yoga. I practiced and taught regularly throughout the past 7 months, but it was not without pain.

This experience has been interesting, to say the least. Ever since the initial injury 7 months ago, I've been reminding myself that this whole happened for a reason. I didn't know the reason at the time, and to be honest, it was only something I told myself in hopes that I would eventually begin to believe it. Now that what I hope to be the hardest part is behind me, I feel like I'm starting to catch a glimpse of the bigger picture. The past 10 days have been especially introspective for me, and what I've already known has become set in stone. I love to teach and practice yoga. I love to run. I love to hike. I love to snowboard, and I love to dance around my apartment like a lunatic, sometimes for hours at a time. My ability to do all of these things is directly related to my happiness.

I hope that you'll join me in class this week! Here's my schedule:
  • Tuesday- Adidas 5:30
  • Wednesday- Clackamas 24 11am, McLoughlin 24 7pm
  • Thursday- Adidas 5:30, Pearl 24 7:30pm
Love,
Tami


No comments:

Post a Comment