Sunday, November 21, 2010

sunday

I am sad to say that I will not be teaching any yoga classes this week. Although lucky for me, I already know what I'm going to do with all my extra time. Can you guess?

I am loving all these classes I've been taking recently. My spirit feels bright and renewed, and I am so excited to have three more weeks left of unlimited yoga at YoYoYogi. Thursday, after a not-so-strong practice, I decided to go back and take another class a little later in the day. It was called 'Rejuvenation Yoga', and I certainly did leave there feeling rejuvenated. It's so interesting, that morning I felt sore and weak, and that afternoon my practice was completely different. Just goes to show that there's no need to ever be discouraged by a practice that doesn't meet our expectations, because there's always another!

Friday night, I took a yin class appropriately titled 'yogaaaah'. I'd been looking forward to it all week, and it didn't disappoint. In yin yoga, poses tend to be pretty passive and are held for several minutes on each side. The idea is to stretch the connective tissue. So yummy!

It feels so good to be reconnecting with my personal practice. I'd been practicing at home and practicing along with my students during class, but there is definitely something to be said for your very own personal yoga practice. By reconnecting with my practice, I feel like I'm also reconnecting with myself. And what could be better than that?

I have a new play list that I've been using, but have yet to post. I will post it in full later, but it involves Radiohead, The XX, Sia, U2, The Album Leaf and Thievery Corporation to name a few.

I hope you've all had a splendid and most relaxing weekend!

Namaste,
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment